There used to be various premises where the local Co-operative society traded from around Rainham - some were supermarkets and some were department stores. Now only the small convenience stores are left but generally these are not in the same locations as the historic sites where they used to be.
Some of the local sites I can remember:
- Top of Station Road Rainham (was Bookies & Chemist)
- Station Road/Rainham precinct - supermarket opened in 1980 and closed mid 1990s (now Wilkinsons)
- High Street Rainham opposite St Margaret's Church (now NHS Healthy Living centre)
- A2 Rainham Mark next to Belisha Beacon pub (now JCB Medway Van centre)
- Hoath Way Wigmore (now Raj Rani & takeaway)